Website Mobilinx Hurontario LRT
Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, the Quantity Survey Manager will be responsible for providing Project Controls Manager with support to ongoing projects and supporting the company’s estimating and construction teams to ensure that the company’s project controls system is properly implemented and utilized.
Role and General Responsibilities
- Determine the project cost accrual for the month.
- Prepare the SIL summary for subcontractors and transfer it to SAP Finance module.
- Prepare the report of the subcontractor’s status.
- Prepare the sub-supplier vendors workers list and submit.
- Oversee the submittals to Cost Control and Project Controls for the SIL (production) based on quantities tracked on site for the self-performing activities and the progress of the subcontractors coming from the payment progress or payment application.
- Meet with Contracts and Construction Managers for updates regarding status of the contracts/PO’s to determine if additional budget or if change orders are needed and other contractual matters.
- Prepare the SIL Masterbase and equipment report and submit to cost control.
- Prepare the payment certificates for all subcontractors/supplier/third party service providers and consultants while ensuring to check prices and quantities.
- Print out the physical payment certificate (and SAL) with the backup documentation and acquire required approval.
- Ensure tracker is updated for subcontractors, based on the documents received.
- Update the tracker for the aggregates and forward summaries monthly to the warehouse team.
- Ensuring to track the hours for labour and the equipment – crosschecking what is submitted by the partners and what is entered in Procore by our site representative.
- Attend weekly meetings with construction teams regarding tracking of quantities performed.
- Ensure frequent communication with Procurement /Contracts regarding issuances of change orders for specific PO’s.
- Ensure all project documentation is compliant with project formats, company standards, styles, and verification forms.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Civil Engineering with a major in Business, Economics, Finance, Urban or Transportation Planning, Environmental Sciences, Operations Research, or related field required.
- Minimum (5) years of relevant experience in major transportation or construction projects.
- Minimum of (2) years of experience in LRT Systems Engineering or equivalent is an asset.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio. MS Access is a must.
- Strong interest and or experience in transit operations.
- Ability to think creatively, work independently and deliver high quality work with minimal supervision and with aggressive timelines.
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, and change.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to synthesize problems and communicate point of view and analytical results.
- Team player with a flexible attitude and the ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple deadlines.
- Integrity, professionalism, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to handle both internal and external communications with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work in teams and generate a spirit of cooperation and collaboration while coordinating diverse activities and groups; people management and negotiating skills within a team environment.
- Familiarity with handling drawings and technical documents and project management practices.
- A self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to take initiative.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills are a must.
- Available for occasional overtime work.
- Well organized, flexible, detail oriented and multi-tasked.
- Proficient in the English language (speaking, written and reading).
- Experience/knowledge in ERP Software (SAP).
- LRT experience preferred but not required.
- Driver’s license; available to travel to various projects.
- Experience in project administration and/or document control in a design or professional services environment is an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and develop relationships.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org