The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for assisting management for the portion of the Construction Package for an LRT project. The Assistant Project Manager will be primarily responsible for team working on segment and the operations, construction work, and oversight of its assigned employees (Engineering Teams).
Role and General Responsibilities
- Assist with Schedule and Plan Staffing Requirements, Materials, Equipment, Subcontractor Needs, and other Services necessary to deliver the project on time and within budget.
- Able to take appropriate action to minimize the impact of deviations, including actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction sites.
- Assist with the monitoring and overseeing of the efficient use of materials and equipment and the contractual performance of the project and provide technical assistance and recommend construction methods and equipment.
- Interpret design drawings and contribute to optimum, innovative, and efficient solutions for execution.
- Assist in identifying or anticipating potential roadblocks and help develop solutions to prevent future obstacles.
- Reviews Project contractual documents to gain an understanding of the project requirements (timeframe, budget, safety, quality, staffing, materials, and equipment requirements), necessary to complete the project within the required timeframe.
- Assist in the preparation and negotiations of contracts and revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Demonstrate ability to control costs and schedules. Shall be able to verify estimates based on detailed review of proposal specifications.
- Proven track record of strong problem-solving abilities to address and solve design and build challenges associated with construction operations.
- Coordinates with department managers to establish work plans and staffing for each phase of the project.
- Organizes and Conducts meetings with segment staff and management to communicate information related to each function’s needs concerning project requirements. Ability to communicate with a vast range of support entities.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, operators, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Experience in leading multiple crews, superintendents, engineers and operations including associated QA/QC and safety requirements.
- Leads project activities to ensure that the project is executed in accordance with the designs, budgets and schedules. Consults with project staff to ensure the assigned duties and responsibilities are performed per agreed upon expectation.
- Monitors and oversees onsite activities, quality, productivity, progress and safety of employees and subcontractors. While performing these essential job functions, the employee is required to frequently inspect and supervise job operations and may be exposed to ongoing construction. Ability to access all areas of a jobsite is required for the position to review the work progress on ongoing/daily basis.
- Develops and manages customer relationship and expectations, progress reports, communication, paperwork, meetings, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor of Engineering or master’s in civil engineering.
- 7+ Years of Relevant Work Experience.
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience working for/with Major Contractor.
- Demonstrated experience applying knowledge of project accounting, project controls (cost, schedule, change management, etc.), materials management, contract management, subcontract management, safety, and quality. Track record of successfully planning and executing projects on schedule and within budget.
- Ability to apply, interpret, and understand contract law and language.
- Experience in building at least one or more of the following: roads, highways, bridges.
- Experience at Planning for Large-Scale, Multi-faceted projects.
- Capable of Developing an execution plan in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in the English language (Reading, speaking, and writing).
- Good organizational and planning skills, detail oriented, superior analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills including MS Project and/or Primavera, MS Office and experience working with project. management systems, P6, SAP, and Excel experience required.
- Strong presentation skills, able to explain concepts concisely and accurately.
- Creative thinking skills and ability to solve problems.