|Reporting to the Superintendent, Civil Works, the Assistant Superintendent shall be responsible for but not limited to the following.
Role and General Responsibilities
- Must have experience and a strong understanding of MTO Bridge and Retaining Wall.
- Must be familiar with MTO Provincial and Municipality Specifications.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, provincial, and local laws, while adhering to OH&S rules and regulations.
- Assist in the mobilization and directing of resources assigned in order to achieve a maximum contribution to fixed costs and profits.
- Establish and monitor construction work schedules as directed.
- Allocate work to and supervise the activities of all foremen assigned to the project as directed.
- Assist in the creation of accurate forecasts of financial status for assigned projects.
- Assist in the maintenance of overall inventory control of all materials, plants and equipment assigned to the project.
- Keep a diary and maintain adequate records regarding items of work under dispute.
- Administer all labour agreements as per current procedures.
- Coordinate the administration of contracts in conjunction with the Estimator/ Project Coordinator.
- Maintain positive customer relationships.
- Prepare all reporting as per current procedures.
- Assist in the hiring and development of project staff.
- Act as a team lead while positively representing the company and supporting the Superintendent.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- University degree in civil engineering or Civil Engineering Technologist Diploma.
- P3 Project experience (Design-Build etc.) is an asset.
- 3-4 years of proven experience as a Construction Coordinator within the Heavy Civil market.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to change.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting experience.
- Able to build a cohesive team; facilitate the collaboration of people and cross-functional groups.
- High level of technical understanding.
Working Conditions/ Physical Effort
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Prolonged sedentary positioning.
- Walking, lifting, equipment operation, etc.
- Moderate physical activities
- Ability to use stairs, and ladders and climb over rough terrain.