As an Assistant Superintendent, you will play a significant part in the success of Mobilinx. You will function as a field supervisor and may have responsibility for multiple Sewer/ water main crews undertaking a self-performed operation. You will be responsible for the organization, work methods, scheduling, cost control, conformity with drawings and specifications, workmanship, and assignment of work to accomplish the execution of the work, either directly or through the General Foreman or Foreman. You will also work to maintain positive working relationships with clients, architects/engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, and job site staff.
Role and General Responsibilities
- Works with Construction Project Manager to ensure implementation of the safety program.
- Coordinates all relevant inspections.
- Day-to-day management of sewer/water main self-performed operation.
- Has the strong ability to coordinate with Region of Peel and City of Mississauga standards, staff, inspectors etc.
- Review proposed water and sewer relocation concepts and designs and provide feedback on constructability and cost-saving measures.
- Propose approaches and alternatives to improve schedule (duration of relocations).
- Manage company personnel to ensure all work is inspected and properly documented, and that all required testing is coordinated and occurs.
- Notify project managers of any required field changes to ensure compliance with overall project design and applicable policies.
- Enforce company quality, safety, and environmental policies.
- Coordinate with roadway construction superintendents to determine the scope of and ensure completion of pre-requisite activities prior to commencement of relocations and coordinate surrounding activities during relocation.
- Keep track of tickets for materials, work, equipment, etc.
- Familiar with allocated budgets and responsible for maintaining production rates with the available resources.
- Developing and understanding lane restrictions as per the contract while executing the works.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in Construction Management or programs equivalent.
- Five to 10 Years of Experience.
- Microsoft Word and Excel.
- OSHA 30 Hour Safety Course (preferable)
- Supervisor Training (preferable)
- Good organizational and planning skills, detail-oriented, and superior analytical skills.
- Solid networking and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills, able to explain concepts concisely and accurately.
- Creative thinking skills and ability to solve problems.