- Assists in design and engineering of temporary works for traffic and technical department.
- Participates in preparation of Traffic and Transit Management Plans (TTMPs).
- MTO experience is an asset.
- Liaises with the road authorities, ministries, and construction staff, as needed.
- Create traffic solutions based on requirements in the project agreement.
- Work closely with supervisors, in monitoring traffic and transit operations and bring issues to a resolution.
- Recommend changes in signal phasing and timing, pavement markings and signage to the staff as needed.
- Work proactively to ensure that plans are in place to transition to the next phase in terms of detours, signage, pavement markings, signals and PVMS installations.
- Prepares traffic control plans as per OTM Book 7 using Bentley MicroStation or Bluebeam.
- Minimum of CET, P.Eng. designation or equivalent working experience
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in urban traffic operations/construction management
- Valid class G driver license required
- Knowledge of OTM Book 7
- Knowledge of Bentley MicroStation knowledge desirable
- Logical approach to trouble shooting and problem solving
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent time and Project Management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite of Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), etc.