Website Mobilinx Hurontario LRT
The Claims Manager works under the direction of the Contracts Manager and will be responsible for preparation, analysis and presentation of claims, and coordination of dispute resolution process for Mobilinx.
Role and General Responsibilities
- Lead the Claims & Dispute Resolution Process with coordination with Contracts Manager, Legal Counsel and various project team members, including construction, project controls, safety, finance etc.
- Establishing “Cause and Effect” Relationships / Determining Losses.
- Productivity and Impact Claims: analysis, Measurement & Recovery.
- Schedule Delay & Disruption Analysis.
- Builders Risk Insurance Claims.
- Delayed Start Up (DSU) Evaluations.
- Assist and facilitate resolution of disputes.
- Claim preparation & evaluation.
- Identification and quantification of costs and losses.
- Labor productivity & performance trend assessments.
- Cost and schedule constructability assessments.
- Construction progress evaluations and independent project reporting (monitoring).
- Risk identification and mitigation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience and sound knowledge of P3 project structure and contracts.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with P3 DRP processes and methods.
- General knowledge of construction law/contract law principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Finance required (Master’s degree preferred).
- 10-15 years of experience in claim preparation including direct costs, schedule and productivity impacts analysis and preparing claims report.
- Experience in negotiating and settling disputes.
- Experience working with and managing contracts.
- Knowledge and understanding of the legal requirements involved in specific contracts.
- Well versed in project controls methodologies, tools (Excel, P6, SAP cost control systems) & project management principles.
- Experience operating at a senior level on a major project or in a Commercial / Claims Manager role in a large construction company.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written English skills are essential.
- Commitment to ethical business conduct and trusted with sensitive information Preferred Skills.
- Ability to communicate and develop relations.
- Valid License.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org