The Environmental Quality Manager reports to the Quality Director and is responsible for the following activities:
Role and Responsibilities
- Implement and improve the Environmental Quality Management Plan (EQMP) and Environmental Quality Standard Procedures (EQSPs).
- Develop and manage respective EQSPs day to day.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the EQSPs.
- Initiate Preventive Action in response to EQSP monitoring.
- Ability to support the implementation of the Sustainability Plans and Sustainability Annual Report(s), would be an asset.
- Support, as required, with the monitoring the implementation of the environmental aspects of the Works to confirm compliance with the requirements of:
(i) the commitments of the Environmental Assessments;
(ii) environmental Permits, Licences and Approvals; and.
(iii) all plans, documents and Additional Environmental Reports
- Promote awareness of Contracting Authority (CA) requirements with respect to environmental quality throughout the Project Team.
- Review monthly environmental reports to identify potential non-conformances arising from environmental issues and/or from possible failure in the timely prevention or correction of such issues.
- Report on EQMS performance.
- Report issues and issue Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) for non-conforming work or processes
- Takes action to immediately stop any work or activity, related to the EQMP, which is not being performed or carried out in accordance with PA or applicable regulatory requirements.
- Prepare Quality Audit Plans and schedule and coordinate Internal Quality Audits and External Quality Audits of key processes identified in the EQMP based on the overall Quality Audit Program.
- Manage and report on the resolution of environmental Non-Conformances to ensure timely resolution including reviewing implementation of Corrections and Corrective Actions.
- Identify and communicate trends in Non-Conformances.
- Conduct environmental audits to investigate the cause of major issues or to investigate possible failure of the environmental inspection process in identifying and preventing/correcting weaknesses.
- Report on EQMS performance and effectiveness of training.
- Take action to ensure the continual improvement of the EQMP and EQSPs.
- Ensuring that relevant records are maintained and retained in accordance with the EQMP.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A University degree in a relevant discipline (Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Planning), or the equivalent;
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in environmental management and/ or planning
- Proven experience managing and coordinating Quality Management Systems;
- Successfully completed an ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor course
- Knowledgeable about ISO 9001:2015 and experience conducting internal audits;
- Proven experience in the design and construction of large infrastructure projects;
- Sound judgment, excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities, with exceptional attention to detail;
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation, verbal and written communication skills to deal with complex, multi-disciplinary issues involving Third Party agencies, governments, and other stakeholders;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities; and
- Computer literate with knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively
- Teamwork skills and strong ability to get information and interpret from very different sources.
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- Capability to coordinate multiple issues with competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong ability to work with field engineers within the organization.
- Effective communicator, orally and in writing
- Keen negotiator in matters related to Quality and can get your point across clearly and precisely.
Extent of Internal/Public Contact
- Mobilinx staff including safety, environment, project construction team, etc.….
- Mobilinx project team members including owners, consultants and subcontractors
- Local authorities having jurisdiction
- General public
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use stairs, ladders and climb over rough terrain.
- Primary work location is site office or project site.
- Project related travel anticipated.
- Exposure to construction work site environment in all seasons