In the role of Project Coordinator, you will be responsible to coordinate the flow of information on a project, calculate pricing and quantities for changes and assist the Estimation Department and Project Controls Department with the budgeting, quantities, scheduling, procurement, deficiency, and commissioning aspects of the project.
Role and General Responsibilities
- Manages and calculates project quantity take-off, comparing design drawings at different stages of design evolution for all disciplines such as Wet Utilities, Structures (Bridges, Culverts, Retaining Walls), Roadworks, and other heavy civil scopes to support the estimation and cost control department during the budget update process.
- Monitors the performance of the job versus the current forecast by analyzing actual data vs budget baseline, and producing appropriate reporting for project controls as required
- Supports the Estimating and Variations team in take-offs and analysis of proposed Variations to provide timely answers to the Client
- Implements and manages the cost control system for the project, ensuring that the take-offs and estimating updates are aligned with the cost control coding structure
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of operational issues and the principles of project management
- Generating performance and subcontractor costs feeding to support the cost control department and update the cost control system
- Tracking, updating, design drawings and documenting project for quantity take-off updates for the period of the cost control reports.
- Report and assist the Senior Technical Estimator in all the above roles
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Civil Diploma or related program.
- 2-3 years of experience in estimation and quantity take-off role.
- Strong computer skills especially in Bluebeam, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as disciplined to work independently
- An excellent grasp of the English language is a must (Read/write/speak).
- Read and understand design and construction drawings.
- Quantity take-off
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work to deadlines
- Solid Skills in Bluebeam, AutoCAD and Excel