The Project Coordinator – Electrical Interface will be reporting to the Interface Manager to help in the review of design drawings, document control conflicts as well as prepare all reports and sketches related to the electrical scope of work.
Role and General Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance in respect of Health and Safety (prevention program) and quality system.
- Work/Coordinate with a multi-disciplinary design team
- Work with a multi-disciplinary construction team
- Submit RFI and Shop drawings to designers
- Review over design drawings and ensure compliance with project agreement and PSOS
- Undertake technical and feasibility studies including site investigations including bridge demolition, signs and lighting.
- Ensure compliance with the standards of construction designs, plans and specifications.
- Ensure that the plans meet the guidelines, the requirement of building codes and other regulations.
- Identify contract document conflicts and recommend solutions.
- Assist the design project manager when help is needed.
- Prepare all the reports and sketches (related with the scope of work) to fulfill the requirements of the contract or according to the Ontario standards.
- Perform all other related tasks that will help complete the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or all other equivalent training.
- At least two (2) to five (5) year experience.
- Experience with electrical design construction work is preferable
- Experience with rail/track projects is preferable
- Good initiative, attention to details.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent MS Excel and MS Word skills, Autocad.
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Prolonged sedentary positioning.
- Moderate physical activities