Website Mobilinx Hurontario LRT
In the role of MEP Project Coordinator, you will be responsible to coordinate the flow of information on the project, in the building and on the site, assist the Project Manager with scheduling, look ahead schedules, technical procurement reviews, Quality Control, MEP Commissioning, Deficiencies reporting, Systems Integration, Project Closeout Documentation.
Role and General Responsibilities
- Performs duties related to site administration including management of project related information and documentation, maintenance of project files, review of completed timesheets, processing of invoices and bills of lading.
- Responsibility for the performance and quality control of all MEP trades. This includes, but is not limited to the following scope of work:
- Mechanical, Plumbing, HVAC Gas, Sprinklers, Fire Suppression Systems, Building Automation Controls, AC Electrical Buildings, DC Electrical Systems, Fire Alarm, Tele/Data, AV, Security, CCTV, Site Utilities, Elevators, and Escalators.
- Fluency and familiarity of all contract documents.
- Manage and lead MEP subcontractors from contract award through project close out.
- Implement and manage MEP coordination process to resolve all conflicts prior to start of installations.
- Familiar with AutoCAD, Revit, and Navisworks.
- Prior to installation, review shop drawings and submittals for compliance and completeness.
- Participate in the cost review and change order process as it relates to the MEP trades.
- Provide P6 scheduling input to the project team as it relates to the MEP trades, and prepare 3 week look ahead schedules.
- Coordinate onsite MEP activities, materials procurement, and other related activities with Project Manager, Field Staff and Warehouse team.
- Participate in Quality inspections and review ITPs.
- Communicate progress and prepare appropriate reports as needed and requested.
- Troubleshoot and assist in the resolution of field installation issues.
- Attend weekly meetings with in house team and subcontractors. Chair additional meetings with the MEP subcontractors as necessary.
- Coordinates the installation of owner provided equipment as it relates to the MEP trades.
- Monitors the installation and start-up of MEP systems and commissioning of project with Engineer & Owner.
- Coordinate and manage the owner training process.
- Manage the close out process for the MEP trades.
- Maintain good relationships with co-workers, vendors, subcontractors, owners, engineers and architects.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Mechanical/HVAC, Plumbing – Building Services.
- Engineering degree in Mechanical, or Building Services.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications and AutoCAD.
- Above standard time-management, organization and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous construction experience is an asset.
- Excellent grasp of the English language.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org