In the role of Project Coordinator, you will be responsible to coordinate the flow of information on a project, obtain pricing for changes and assist the Project Manager with the budgeting, scheduling, procurement, deficiency and commissioning aspects of the project.
Role and General Responsibilities
- Review of method statements for construction of ballasted track, special trackwork, slab track, plinth track installation which includes welding, tracklaying, tamping, destressing, switch heaters etc.
- Verify that construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications, and design instructions.
- Monitors track work related construction/installation activities and any other civil construction contracts as assigned.
- Compile Subcontractor Daily Progress Reports into monthly level progress reports for trackwork.
- Complete and archive minutes of meetings for Mobilinx lead meetings with Subcontractor.
- Continually evaluate design drawings and specifications for conflicts. Identify and discuss implementation of solutions to those conflicts, in collaboration with consultants and subcontractors. With approval of management, raise RFI’s where applicable.
- Communicate regularly with sub-contractor, quality and project delivery team, engineers, and relevant stakeholders to ensure construction of trackwork is performed as per schedule and within budget.
- Promote safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain 90 Day trackwork installation schedule to ensure construction is progressing as per approved schedule.
- If conflicts with other disciplines (Civil, Structures, Systems) on project arise, raise issue to management as required.
- If nonconformance is observed, discuss with management team to raise non conformances.
- Assists in the coordination of all issues related to the design, procurement and installation of track including horizontal and vertical track alignments, turnouts and track structure elements, track and structure interaction and stress analysis, rail welding, storage, installation, and maintenance requirements, etc.
- Review technical information provided by subcontractor, including shop drawings and work procedures, for conformance with the contract and specification.
- Tracking and collection of documentation for extra work, submittals and backup for billing purposes.
- Acts as a leader in Safety and Quality by adhering to and promoting plans, policies and procedures.
- Builds and maintains relationships with clients.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Engineering program or Construction related program.
- Previous work term experience (on-site experience) in construction related field.
- 2-5 years experience in construction/ Design/P3 project
- Procore knowledge
- Strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, AutoCAD)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent grasp of the English language.
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans.
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work to deadlines.
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to see the bigger picture.