As a Superintendent you will play a vital role in the success of the Project. You will efficiently plan, organize, supervise, and ensure that the work is done following the highest quality standards, complying with construction drawings and specifications. You will also build and maintain positive working relationships with your crew, clients, architect/engineer, suppliers, subcontractors, and jobsite staff.
Role and General Responsibilities
- Provide supervisory direction of craft workers via the general foreman and foreman, managing the performance of productivity, safety, quality, and schedule adherence.
- Liaison between field engineering and craft to ensure compliance of construction drawings and specifications.
- Coordinate and interface effectively with other craft superintendents and subcontractors, as well as personnel and leadership to ensure smooth workflow and schedule adherence.
- Resolve employee conflicts, grievances, and scheduling difficulties, informing project and corporate management as appropriate.
- Assist in schedule planning, determining craft labor levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc.
- Ensure project rules, procedures and programs are followed consistently, including those involving safety, attendance, and workplace behavior standards as reflected in Company’s non-harassment and nondiscrimination policies.
- Perform additional ad hoc assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Work hours will be determined by the construction activity.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- At least 10 Years construction experience.
- Experience in underground wet utilities (sewer and watermain) and civil work.
- Minimum 3 or plus years as a Superintendent.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Able to manage 3-4 foreman and 20 craft.
- Problem solving capabilities with the ability to make informed decisions with safety environment and quality in mind.
- Able to work night shift and weekends in Mississauga.
- We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
- Involvement in at least one LRT related projects.
- PMP certification is also an asset.