Website Mobilinx Hurontario LRT
As a Project Estimator, the candidate will be assigned to the Hurontario LRT project performing works related to the description below.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing Quantity Takeoffs for various disciplines of work (Roadworks, Utilities, Structures, Systems, Trackwork’s, Facilities). Quantity takeoffs are to be updated as design progresses.
- Responsible for providing pricing for different design alternatives provided by design teams for overall evaluation and decision making.
- Responsible for leading and assessing “Quantity Growth”; Quantity overruns/deficits in comparison with baseline budgets.
- Responsible for providing assistance as needed to the Construction Managers & Cost Controllers.
- Will be heavily involved in the budget reforecast exercise.
- Will be required to analyze monthly cost reports and provide feedback to operation teams.
- Will be required to explain budget inclusions/exclusions to operation teams.
- Will be required to develop Scopes of Work and Purchase Requests for various scopes.
- Will be responsible for estimating variations and providing backups for pricing.
- Project Estimator can be allocated to support on future bids as needed.
- Must have an understanding of Contract Documents, Project Agreement, and Specifications.
- Incorporates / complies with Mobilinx risk management policies and procedures.
- Protects all forms of proprietary information.
- Maintains Estimating data systems to ensure they are kept up to date.
- Collects data and reports on established business KPI.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 4-7 years’ experience in heavy civil estimating & cost control practices.
- Previous experience in working for a contractor in major infrastructure projects.
- Previous experience with quantity takeoff and estimating experience using Heavy Bid and Hard Dollar.
- Excellent MS Excel and MS Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good initiative, attention to details.
- Experience in P3 procurement processes is desirable.
- Ability to work with deadlines and in a team environment.
- Good knowledge of local trades and subcontractors
- Good knowledge of contracts, codes, industry practices, and key trade contractors.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org