Reporting to the Quality Control Manager, the QA/QC Coordinator – Electrical/ Dry Utilities will act as a representative of Quality throughout the project and be responsible for contributing to the ongoing delivery of the project’s Quality Management Plans through participation in a variety of Quality initiatives.
As a QA/QC Coordinator (Electrical/ Dry Utilities) you will be directly involved in the process of maintaining quality during the execution of the utilities work and facilitate handovers of completed work to the client. Responsible to assist the project field staff & subcontractors to ensure compliance with the design documentation, client, industry and internal Process and quality requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review specification, applicable standard and drawings assist Quality Control Manager to prepare applicable Inspection and Test Plans.
- Preparation of quality regular reports and quality reports summaries for the Quality Control Manager and making any necessary recommendations for improvement. (Electrical and Dry Utilities)
- Assist the Quality Control Manager in the preparation of Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s) for all the constructions activities. (Electrical and Dry Utilities)
- Ensure that all quality records associated with the implementation of the quality management system and ITPs are kept organized and filed in the construction quality record management system.
- Ensure that an Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) has been developed prior to the start of any construction activity.
- Conduct quality inspections on incoming materials and construction activities as detailed in the relevant ITP’s and ensure all completed work is in conformance with the project requirements.
- Track status of all inspections and tests to inform the Quality Control Manager and ensure that all non-conforming product, activity, or procedure is recorded in a Non-conformance Report (NCR) and in the NCR register.
- Initiate the NCR process when materials, work or processes do not meet the requirements and specifications and inform the quality control manager or director immediately.
- Assist the Construction Quality Manager in the resolution of NCRs in a timely manner and ensure that the corrective actions have been implemented effectively.
- Review as received all the materials testing reports by the external lab or subcontractors and major suppliers.
- Ensure that construction teams are using the latest revision of drawings in coordination with document control.
- Work with the CA construction compliance team to conduct joint inspections and communicate issues raised to the Quality Control Manager and assist in the resolution of issues as they arise.
- Attend quality meetings with owner and other members of the project team.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Post-secondary education in construction, engineering or technician and significant quality control and assurance experience or an equivalent combination of experience and technical training.
- Familiar with Ontario Provincial Standards and Ontario Electrical Safety Code
- Familiar with dry utility relocations ( Alectra /Telecom)
- Advanced working knowledge of ISO 900:2015 and construction standards specifications in Ontario.
- A minimum of 3- 5 years’ experience working with Quality Control for complex P3 Transit Projects or Heavy Civil Projects.
- Good understanding of Ontario Electrical Code and associated Provincial and Municipal Standard.
- Experience with MS Office including Word and Excel.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively
- Teamwork skills and strong ability to get information and interpret from very different sources.
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- Capability to coordinate multiple issues with competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong ability to work with field engineers within the organization.
- Effective communicator, orally and in writing
- Keen negotiator in matters related to Quality and can get your point across clearly and precisely.
Extent of Internal/Public Contact
- Mobilinx staff including safety, environment, project construction team, etc.….
- Mobilinx project team members including owners, consultants, and subcontractors
- Local authorities having jurisdiction
- General public
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to carry drawings and diaries as required.
- Ability to use stairs, ladders and climb over rough terrain.
- Primary work location is site office or project site.
- Project related travel anticipated.
- Exposure to construction work site environment in all seasons