The Quality Assurance/ Quality Control Coordinator supports the implementation of the Construction Quality Management Plan.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Preparation of quality regular reports and quality reports summaries for the Quality Control Manager and making any necessary recommendations for improvement.
• Assist the Quality Control Manager in the preparation of Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s) for all the constructions activities.
• Ensure that all quality records associated with the implementation of the quality management system and ITPs are kept organized and filed in the construction quality record management system.
• Ensure that an Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) has been developed prior to the start of any construction activity.
• Conduct quality inspections on incoming materials and construction activities as detailed in the relevant ITP’s and ensure all completed work is in conformance with the project requirements.
• Track status of all inspections and tests to inform the Quality Control Manager and ensure that all non-conforming product, activity or procedure is recorded in a Non-conformance Report (NCR) and in the NCR register.
• Initiate the NCR process when materials, work or processes do not meet the requirements and specifications and inform the quality control manager or director immediately.
• Assist the Construction Quality Manager in the resolution of NCR’s in a timely manner and ensure that the corrective actions have been implemented effectively.
• Review as received all the materials testing reports by the external lab or subcontractors and major suppliers.
• Ensure that construction teams are using the latest revision of drawings in coordination with document control.
• Work with the CA construction compliance team to conduct joint inspections and communicate issues raised to the Quality Control Manager and assist in the resolution of issues as they arise.
• Attend quality meetings with owner and other members of the project team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Post-secondary education in construction, engineering or technician and significant quality control and assurance experience or an equivalent combination of experience and technical training.
• Advanced working knowledge of ISO 900:2015 and construction standards specifications in Ontario.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working with Quality Control for complex P3 Projects or Heavy Civil Projects.
• Experience with MS Office including Word and Excel.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively
• Teamwork skills and strong ability to get information and interpret from very different sources.
• Ability to multi-task effectively
• Remain organized in a fast-paced environment
• Capability to coordinate multiple issues with competing priorities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Strong ability to work with field engineers within the organization.
• Effective communicator, orally and in writing
• Keen negotiator in matters related to Quality and can get your point across clearly and precisely.
EXTENT OF INTERNAL/PUBLIC CONTACT
• Mobilinx staff including safety, environment, project construction team, etc.….
• Mobilinx project team members including owners, consultants and subcontractors
• Local authorities having jurisdiction
• General public
• Able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to carry drawings and diaries as required.
• Ability to use stairs, ladders and climb over rough terrain.
• Primary work location is site office or project site.
• Project related travel anticipated.
• Exposure to construction work site environment in all seasons
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com