The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the integration of all Systems and Civil Works (including the Operations and Maintenance Storage facility (OMSF), Port Credit Station and all Stops) during the design, construction, testing and commissioning phases of the HuLRT project, pursuant to the scope of work and division of responsibilities laid out in the Mobilinx – Hitachi DBJV Agreement, covering Systems, Revenue Vehicles and Operations & Maintenance requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the Project’s involvement in the execution of the SIMP and all associated ICDs.
- Support the Safety and Security team in the execution of their deliverables to secure any required certifications, including support of TVRA, Hazard Analyses, RAMS, etc.
- Support any interface requirements with Hitachi pursuant to the various System level Management Plans.
- Lead integration efforts at interfaces between Trackwork and Revenue Vehicles, OCS and Civil Works, Revenue Vehicles and Civil Works, signaling (including TSP) and Civil Works, Low Voltage Power, Telecommunications and Civil Works, SCADA, Fare Collection, GIDS, Fire Alarm and Ventilations Systems, etc. and Civil Works, OMSF and Civil Works, Corrosion Control Systems and OCS and Traction Power based on DBJV agreement division of scope of work, requirements, and Interface Control Documents.
- Support updates as required to the Operation Concept Plan and Operation Maintenance Plan
- Act as an Advisor to the Design teams and assist to ensure all technical requirements are met and delivered in a timely manner ensuring we are compliant, efficient, and cost-effective design that meets the requirements of the project specifications
- Lead or Assist in the effective management of communications with the owner and other stakeholders including municipalities, utility companies and regulatory authorities
- Provide advice on identification of design/technical changes/issues and input into the Change Management process
- Provide guidance to the Technical teams and Design/Technical consultants to ensure:
Design services are provided in a timely and cost-effective manner in accordance with agreements
II. There is detailed monitoring of designer performance to identify issues and timely solutions
III. Monitoring/identification of ‘design creep’ and ensuring designers provide the lowest cost solution that is compliant and safe
IV. Continued review of Value Engineering opportunities to optimize design and input into risk and opportunity analysis
V. Early identification and solutions of problems and issues
VI. Management of agreements and resolution of issues
- Assist in overseeing of the design/commissioning activities to ensure attestation that construction is in accordance with design
- Participation in lessons learned workshops in relation to technical issues
- Provide direction to assigned staff, if any.
- Assist in determining the quality objectives and targets, in collaboration with the Quality Manager
- Work with the CM (Construction Manager) and Management Team on the selection of sub-contractors and the procurement of material, sub-contracting services and consultation services.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 10+ years of experience on major transit / construction projects, inclusive of 5+ years in a direct leadership role (LRT project experience an asset)
- Experienced in leading and managing a multi-discipline team, inclusive of Civil, Systems and integration.
- Recognized industry leader with a wide network of contacts
- Demonstrable experience of advanced relationship and Stakeholder management
- Professional Engineer designation preferred, with a clear understanding of the integration of transit systems
- 5-10 years of experience working with a Tier One Contractor in a Joint Venture environment on major Design Build Projects, overseeing technical issues
- 5-10 years of experience supervising and overseeing design consultants
- 5 to 10 years of construction experience on projects over CAD$1 Billion
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must possess sound judgement, highly developed management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English a Level 5.