We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Assurance Engineer with specialist skills in Systems Assurance to join our LRT Civil Team in Mississauga and work with multidisciplinary engineering teams.
Reporting to our Technical Director, you will work with project teams of Light Railway and Infrastructure Engineers design and construction stage. You will provide support and advice to multidisciplinary teams on system assurance issues with special reference to the Civil and Civil-Systems interface aspects.
This can range from coordinating the requirements management, interface management, operational needs and assurance.
The position offers scope for personal skill development with expertise within a LRT design and construction environment
Role and General Responsibilities
- Leading and implementing project specific LRT System Assurance processes
- Work in interface with Safety & Security, Systems, Civil and Service Provider.
- Conduct design reviews to ensure compliances with all interface design inputs/requirements.
- Management of the project Certification documentation (CIVIL)
- Management of project requirements and development of evidence to support the implementation within design, construction and V&V activities.
- Interaction with the Client and other key stakeholders
- Interaction with Mobilinx Professionals of record and discipline leads and any third party stakeholders.
- Supporting Construction Management team and Construction Leads.
- Gap analysis of existing project approach and recommendations for project enhancements.
- Liaison with Service Provider requirements.
- Review of integration management and support.
- Development and rectification of any perceived project risks and production of action plans and schedules.
- Monitor Site instructions and impacts to early design change
- Manage Civil and Interface aspects of configuration of the HuLRT project
- Support V&V activities.
- Support the development of the Test track and its constituent activities.
- Produce and report progress through regular metrics and deliverables to the project team.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the Rail/LRT domain, its technology, design industries and System Assurance concepts
- A university engineering degree in civil, electrical, electronic or information systems or similar
- Professional Engineer status or working towards P. Eng. registration
- Able to demonstrate ability and experience in formulating and implementing System Assurance plans and processes, and ensuring that project teams operate in accordance with those plans and processes
- Able to explain modern systems assurance techniques and processes to engineers and managers
- Experience with Rail/LRT projects and their modern design lifecycles
- Familiarity with current engineering safety management practice
- Experience of requirements management tools such as IBM DOORS