As a Senior Accountant, you will develop an understanding of key Hurontario Light Rail Transit Project requirements and support the Reporting & Compliance Team in generating ad-hoc and scheduled reports, presentations, and other support materials.
Role and Responsibilities
- Gather, track, and monitor all data related to ongoing internal and external Project reporting requirements
- In collaboration with the Reporting & Compliance Manager and other key stakeholders, use selected data to prepare reports, presentations, and other supporting materials to support Mobilinx’s understanding of how we are performing against the delivery of our strategic objectives
- Extract data from various sources to identify trends and provide insights using tables, graphs, charts, and diagrams.
- Work collaboratively with various departments and ensures the proper responsibilities and deadlines are set and enforced
- Provide recommendations to enhance and automate existing reporting requirements
- Develop functional document templates using Microsoft Word and/or Adobe InDesign
- Coordinate creative graphic design and layout of documents; edit, proofread, organize, and understands large volumes of report data
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the reporting tracking system, including input of project submission and review timelines
- Work with Document Control to ensure documents are submitted per internal and Client-mandated requirements and timelines
- Coordinate responses to any comments or requests for supplemental information from the Client
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 2 to 4 years work experience, with a preference for the architecture, construction, or engineering space, particularly on P3 projects and/or bids
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and working knowledge of the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite is considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow established processes with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and drive results.
- Preferred Experience with SAP System.
- Solid problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to provide practical and/or innovative solutions to complex technical issues
- Strong verbal and written communication and active listening skills, with the ability to explain technical information in an organized and concise way
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple projects and initiatives within established timelines
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with members at all levels of the organization
- Ability to interpret Project requirements and recommend processes for implementation