Reporting to the Senior Inspector and Contract Administrator/Assistant Contract Administrator this position will be responsible to perform all inspection; monitoring and survey tasks required to accurately record and inspect all contractor activities. The inspectors should be multidiscipline in the fields of Grading, Asphalt, Electrical, Structural and/or Office Administration roles.
Role and General Responsibilities
- Monitor and inspect construction activities on a daily basis to maintain compliance with environmental obligations; permits and approvals; policy and best management practices. Audit and provide recommendations to ensure project site compliance.
- Prepare written, oral, tabular, and graphic reports summarizing requirements and regulations, including enforcement and chain of custody documentation.
- Determine the nature of code violations and actions to be taken, and issue written notices of violation. Prepare investigatory documentation. Interview individuals to determine the nature of suspected violations and to obtain evidence of violations.
- Communicate with the environmental, design and construction teams
- Interact with jurisdictional employees and work with the Project and Design Engineers to resolve any compliance issues and communicate any upcoming requirement changes with Mosaic Transit Group (MTG) stakeholders
- Manage and support environmental third party vendors at the project site as needed
- Supervision and coordination of spills remedial activities
- Conduct air and noise monitoring and prepare monitoring data reports
- Collection and analysis of soil and water samples
- Waste material movements and disposal documentation at the project site
- Provide Environmental Awareness and Orientation Training through on-site orientation, toolbox talks and procedure roll-outs, and advise project team members in support of environmental compliance requirements
- Update and maintain tracking databases for environmental inspections, investigations and follow-up activities
- Ensure environmental issues are addressed and requirements are met in accordance with the Environmental approvals and project agreement
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Post-secondary degree specializing in environmental science/management, or diploma specializing in environmental technology/engineering.
- 3-5 years’ experience in construction and environment-related field. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of the scope of infrastructure projects. Knowledge of project management processes.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Systematic and structured problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and as part of a larger team.
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to carry drawings and diaries as required.
- Ability to use stairs, ladders and climb over rough terrain.
- Primary work location is head office or project site.
- Project related travel anticipated.
- Exposure to construction work site environment in all seasons
- Good organizational and planning skills, detail oriented, superior analytical skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Project and/or Primavera, MS Office and experience working with project management systems, P6, SAP, CAD and Excel experience required
- Solid networking and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills, able to explain concepts concisely and accurately
Understanding that based on contract requirements and project size, direct and indirect reports may include a combination of students/interns, field engineers/coordinators, project