The Senior Field Coordinator for Roadworks/Guideway Works will work on-site with the construction teams, ensuring that construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications, and design instruction
Role and General Responsibilities
- Provide technical information and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications for contractors.
- Report accurate quantities for labor cost reports,
- Accurately monitor material ledgers and progress of work.
- Co-ordinate inspections with consultants and authorities as required by the contract.
- Assist in falsework inspection for conformance with design drawings.
- Monitor installation of rebar for conformance to structural drawings.
- Assist Project Superintendent by enforcing quality control, expediting subcontractors, evaluation and solution of potential field problems and supervising craft employees.
- Continually update drawings with changes as issued by Consultants.
- Continually find solutions to conflicting information on drawings and in specifications by conferring with the Consultants.
- Co-ordinate these solutions with the various sub-trades.
- Review shop drawings for conformance with the contract and ensure information is communicated to the team.
- Identify contract document conflicts and recommend solutions.
- Assist with accident investigation and prepare accident reports if required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- You have successfully completed post-secondary education or equivalent combination of technical training
- A minimum of 5-7 years road/transit construction experience including completion, commissioning, and installation.
- Computer skills are required.
- You must have the ability to read blueprints and develop As-builts.
- Experience in a design-build environment would be preferred
- You assume responsibility, interface and communicate with others in a professional manner using effective oral and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites as well as being open for promotion by learning and understanding construction methods and developing good construction management skills.
- Work diligently with internal construction team
- Able to communicate with subcontractors and laborer’s
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Walking, lifting, etc.
- Able to work on an active construction site.
- Willingness to contribute actively in a team environment
- Proficient in the English language (Written, reading and speaking)
- Ability to communicate and develop relations
- Valid License