Reporting to the Quantity Survey Manager (or his assigned designate), the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the following;
Role and General Responsibilities
- Ensure the trackers for the Subcontractors are updated based on the documentation (tickets, work orders, invoices) received and the costs are cost-coded;
- Setting up the Subcontracts in STR Vision (including the BOQ Items, subcontract value and validity)
- Accruing the costs for subcontractors/consultants/third party service providers in SAP and transferring them to Finance on monthly basis
- Prepare the Payment Certificates for subcontractors/third party service providers and consultants while ensuring to check prices and quantities.
- Print out the physical Payment Certificate (and SAL) with the backup documentation and hand over to the Contract Admins
- All Quantity Surveying duties including re-measurement.
- Ensure frequent communication with Procurement /Contracts regarding issuances of Change Orders for specific Purchase Orders/Subcontracts
- Supporting the Quantity Survey Manager in the issue of the Monthly Report regarding the Subcontractors Status
- Supporting the Quantity Survey Manager in the preparation for the database to be sent to Cost Control Department to be sent on monthly basis
- Ensuring to track the hours for Labour and the Equipment – crosschecking what is submitted by the Partners and what is entered in Procore by our Site Representative,
- Recognition and preparation of claims and variations, giving in return the economic evaluation of the related activities.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 3-5 plus years’ experience working for a contractor as a Quantity Surveyor or a Quantity Survey Coordinator/ Administrator.
- Bachelor’s Degree engineering.
- Familiar with construction projects.
- Core skills:
- Experience with estimating, budgeting, and planning.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to complete written reports and electronic communications expeditiously and with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
- Computer proficiency with a strong knowledge of PCs and software applications related to the work.
- A self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to take initiative.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills are a must.
- Available for occasional overtime work.
- Well organized, flexible, detail oriented and multi-tasked.
- Proficient in the English language (speaking, written and reading).
- Experience/knowledge in ERP Software (SAP).
- LRT experience preferred but not required.
- Driver’s license; available to travel to various Project Sites.
- Experience in project administration and/or document control in a design or professional services environment is an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and develop relationships.
- Communication, presentation, documentation, training, delivery.