Website Mobilinx Hurontario LRT
|The Senior Scheduler is responsible for creating, maintaining, updating, and managing critical path schedules for our ongoing construction projects. This position will be based in our head office in Oakville. The role entails working closely with our estimating teams, project coordinators and project managers and all business and technical teams within the company to meet organizational objectives.
· Creating, updating and maintaining project schedule with input from the project team.
· Working closely with project controls integrating the P6 scheduling with the Maestro accounting system.
· Determines reasonable schedule logic and constraints based on discussion with technical and business teams.
· Develops realistic activity durations based on production rates and available manpower based on discussion with technical and business teams.
· Assigns resources (cost, labour, equipment, and materials) to activities and develops cash flow reports and resource histograms.
· Evaluates critical and near-critical path activity sequences.
· Assesses actual progress based on on-site inspections.
· Identifies schedule changes and trends.
· Develops earned value reports.
· Suggests corrective actions and/or develops recovery plans when delays are anticipated or occur.
· Prepares time and cost delay claims.
· Prepare integrated planning/scheduling contribution to the Project controls Monthly Project Report and specific reports/presentations.
· Supports risk allocation and value engineering workshops.
· Prepares post-construction as-built schedules and lessons learned reports.
· Identifies major milestones, critical approvals, and long lead procurement items.
· University or College education – B. Eng. or Construction Engineering Technology program.
· 10+ years’ experience in construction-related activities.
· 10+ years’ experience in scheduling related activities.
· Proficient experience in Primavera projects (P6) and report preparation skills.
• Knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM)
· Strong expertise level using Excel.
· Experience in LRT, Railway, Transit and typical linear civil construction projects is an asset.
· Experience working in projects, engineering, and construction.
· Ability to complete assigned projects on time.
· Excellent communication, organization, time-management, and leadership skills.
· Willingness and ability to learn new technology quickly and apply the knowledge to support projects with insight into potential risk.
· Ability to quickly earn the trust of peers, project teams and key project stakeholders to mobilize and motivate teams.
· Ability to problem solve.
· Ability to work effectively in a team.
· Knowledge of Hard Dollar in eight estimating programs would be an added benefit.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com