Reporting to the Project Manager, Civil Works, the Superintendent shall be responsible for but not limited to the following.
Role and General Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all federal, provincial and local laws, while adhering to OH&S rules and regulations.
- Establish and monitor construction work schedules as directed.
- Allocate work to and supervise the activities of all foremen assigned to the project as directed.
- Experienced in construction of wet utilities i.e. SAN, STM and WM including all different material types, installation methodologies, commissioning strategies, deep excavation, tunnelling, working with heavy equipment etc.
- Ability to determine workforce capacities by reviewing work scope and building, maintaining sufficient crews to execute planned works.
- Must demonstrate ability to coordinate and lead civil crews and subcontractors to ensure quality control, production, and project schedules.
- Must understand the staging requirements for construction and maintaining PA requirements i.e. traffic controls, pedestrian management, 24 hrs operations etc.
- Must have a full understanding of Working Around Utility requirements.
- Demonstrate ability to read and interpret project schedules and plan to meet project milestones.
- Ability to coordinate with Utility providers to allow for construction of linear wet infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance with Mobilinx Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental policies.
- Creation of accurate forecasts of financial status for assigned projects.
- Maintenance of overall inventory control of all materials, plants and equipment assigned to the project.
- Keep a diary and maintain adequate records regarding items of work under dispute.
- Administer all labour agreements as per current procedures.
- Maintain positive customer relationships.
- Prepare all reporting as per current procedures.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- University degree in civil engineering or Civil Engineering Technologist Diploma.
- P3 Project experience (Design-Build etc.) is an asset.
- 5-7 years of proven experience as a Construction within the Heavy Civil market.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to change.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting experience.
- Able to build a cohesive team; facilitate the collaboration of people and cross-functional groups.
- High level of technical understanding.
Working Conditions/ Physical Effort
- Preference will be given to those that have Wet Utilities of major project experience
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Prolonged sedentary positioning.
- Walking, lifting, equipment operation, etc.
- Moderate physical activities
- Ability to use stairs, and ladders and climb over rough terrain.