In the role of Technical Coordinator, you will be responsible to coordinate the flow of information on a project, as part of the Technical Office team and provide technical and administrative guidance to staff to ensure aims and objectives are effectively and economically achieved.
Role and General Responsibilities
- Facilitate meetings between the Design Team, the client, municipal or other agency stakeholders and suppliers.
- Prepare minutes of meetings, with action plans, and track all actions through to completion.
- Monitor designers’ performance in accordance with project and stakeholder requirements.
- Review the design submissions for scope elimination, identify design or interdisciplinary issues, ensuring that constructability and construction’s means and methods are coordinated with the Construction Team
- Identify potential problems that may occur during the construction process which were not identified in the final design and coordinate with the Designer and the Construction team to find a solution
- Track document submittals, documenting and reporting progress and alerting the team member of risks related to potential delays
- Ensure compliance of the Design Quality Management Plan, Design Change Management Plan, RFI and Site Instructions processes
- Tracking and collection of documentation for extra work, submittals, and backup for billing purposes.
- Performs other related administrative or project-based duties as assigned.
- Builds and maintains relationships with clients, stakeholders and designers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Civil Engineering degree or equivalent (C.E.T.T.)Experience in civil roadworks design is required
- Experience in heavy civil construction would be considered a definite asset.
- Experience in traffic engineering would be considered a definite asset
- Transit experience is preferred
- Intermediate Proficiency with CAD, Revit and MicroStation is preferred.
- Strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, AutoCAD)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent grasp of the English language.
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Clean driving record and ability to travel as required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work to deadlines
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with a team
- Self-motivated, innovative, committed and honest
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Attention to detail and ability to see the bigger picture