Responsible for the management and delivery of efficient trackwork to oversee the design, tendering, contract award and implementation up to the testing and commissioning of the Trackwork System deliverables for the project.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review Key Performance Indicators and Specifications for TrackWorks to ensure that the team delivers the System to the Client
• Manage interface requirements between Systems packages and Civil packages
• Create and Include General Specification requirements governing the project management and Project Execution by Trackworks Contractors
• Input Trackworks to the Project Master Implementation Program and Preliminary Works Program including its integration with systems.
• Create a Project Plan/Program to incorporate pivotal points on the critical path to project completion
• Take ownership and manage the pre-qualifications and tenders process to evaluate and employ the most suitable Contractor to build the Trackworks
• Manage System Assurance functions of the PDP and System Contractor
• Control the overall design and configuration of the whole Trackworks project and any amendments that are required to meet with the Employer’s Requirements
• Always oversee all Testing & Commissioning of the Trackworks System ensuring that this complies with the Employer’s Requirements
• Manage and provide technical expertise for the process of delivering the Operational & Maintenance manuals
• Manage the Trial Operation and ensure that the trackworks are operating effectively during the Defect Liability Period, ensure that all corrective action is taken in a safe and timely manner. Plan, coordinate, witness and resolve issues arising from the Track Tests
• Evaluation of project execution capability for the pre-Q and subsequent selection of Trackwork Contractors
• Coordinate preparation of Interface Management Plans and Interface Control Documents and monitor for their implementation
• Monitor, coordinate, control and report the progress of design, manufacture, delivery, and installation of the Trackworks to meet the approved Program
• Employ Contract Administration techniques to ensure that the contracts are delivered in line with payment deadlines
• Manage and monitor the cost and spending of the Trackworks Contract to under the approved budget
• Evaluate and report on the validity and values of Variations and Claims by Trackworks Contractor
• Conduct inspection and coordination on installation sites to ensure safety, quality, interface compatibility and progress of works are satisfactory,
• Coordinate the Training Program to the Operator
• Coordinate the system hand over through inspections of the Trackworks
• Provide Technical expertise for the System Operator and ensure Trials of the Operation are completed well in advance of the live date
• Manage Defect Liability Period repairs/replacement for failed parts
• Review and study Operators, ICE and monitor public feedback and recommendations and address these issues in an appropriate manner
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, with professional engineer’s designation (P.Eng) status; PMP designation will be an asset;
• Self-performing and hands on track installation experience in rail.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in heavy civil construction, major highway infrastructure or multi-modal transportation/ Trackworks projects.
• Ability to write, prepare and present technical reports;
• Proficiency in scheduling software (MS Project) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
• Good public and community relation skills, complemented with ability to effectively communicate with tact and diplomacy;
• Broad knowledge and understanding of jobsite hazards, and Occupational Health and Safety;
• Valid Ontario Full G Drivers’ License.
• Excellent in English, speaking, writing and reading as well as computer communication and technical presentation skills;
• Remain organized in a fast-paced environment
• Capability to coordinate multiple issues with competing and complex priorities
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com