Website Mobilinx Hurontario LRT
Traffic Coordinator shall report to the Traffic Manager. Below is a list of responsibilities:
- Preparation of temporary traffic staging plans, and traffic control plans.
- Design, analysis, and simulation of vehicles turning paths/maneuverers where applicable.
- Liaising with the Municipalities and their transit providers, Contracting Authority and MTO, as required.
- Monitoring queue lengths in active Site and implementing appropriate measures when such queues affect the operation and safety of existing transit services, existing Municipal roads, and other provincial and Municipal roadways.
- Monitoring and raising operational performance issues to the Traffic Manager and Transportation Management Committee.
- Responding to traffic-related incidents resulting from construction activities and traffic management activities. All major incidents shall be documented within 48 hours of the incident and provided to Contracting Authority and the Municipalities.
- Documenting traffic control measures and activities.
- Overseeing all requirements of this Project Agreement that contribute to the safety, convenience, and orderly movement of vehicular, cycling, and pedestrian traffic; and
- Attending regularly scheduled traffic management meetings.
- Degree or Diploma in Construction, Traffic Management or in a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in construction/traffic related field.
- Proficient in Excel skill a must (as well as Microsoft Office).
- Good understanding of the heavy civil construction industry including development, contracting and a good knowledge of data entry requirements.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Traffic Manual’s Book 7, and the Highway Traffic Act and regulations.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Demonstrated experience in the development designing of traffic control plans.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, to oversee temporary traffic control plans development, installation, and operation.
- Valid Driver’s License in the Province of Ontario.
- Excellent grasp of the English language.
- An ability to design traffic control plans based on a description of the scope of construction work.
- Skilled in AutoCAD, AutoTurn, MicroStation and Bluebeam.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity, honesty and ethics, and client service orientation.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written & presentation Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role.
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
- Strong management-facing and teamwork skills.
- Familiarity with reporting and being compliant with directions.
- Self-motivated, innovative, committed, and honest.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to see the bigger picture.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com