Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, this position will be responsible for assisting of setting up and maintaining all functions of equipment, tools and data as well as ensuring all proper documentation of parts are monitored and kept for auditing purposes. This position involves extensive contact with third party agencies and project staff.
Role and General Responsibilities
- create purchase requisition.
- checking and create the codes of materials and spare parts; checking the codes of materials and spare parts and their related codification on the system
- collaborates with the chief warehouse accountant and warehouse manager
- creating the fixed assets in collaboration with accounting and cost control office.
- posting all the accounting documents related to the warehouse activities and movements verifying their compliance with supporting documentation (for example delivery notes, collection vouchers).
- preparation of the reports required to analyze and optimize stock levels
- Maintain warehouse area, ensure there are no empty locations and replenish as needed
- Contact couriers and ensure shipping documents are complete and correct
- Notify end users by phone or email when materials are ready for pick up.
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Possessing resourcefulness, integrity, strong work ethic, and ability to work in a team environment
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Proven work experience within warehouse accounting role (Minimum 3yrs of experience)
- Diploma accountant
- Knowledge and experience in construction project
- Knowledge of principles, warehouse activities (PR Handling )
- Knowledge of construction materials and spare parts
- Knowledge of SAP ERP, office suite software.
- Ability to cope with stress situation
- Problem solving attitude, by being proactive and flexible
- Full command of the English language
- Exposure to warehouse environment would be preferred
- Experience in a relevant trade (for example, shipping/ receiving, warehouse, construction)
- Any relevant safety training or tickets preferred or willingness to obtain (WHMIS, Fall protection, First Aid, etc.)
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Involvement in at least one LRT related projects
- Procurement certificate a plus
- Demonstrates astute business acumen in the understanding and management of commercial contracts and risk